Cost and location are the two key factors that influence property choices for more than four out of five tenants
The latest survey from a specialist landlord insurance firm confirms what many in the industry will have known for a long time – cost and location are the two key factors that influence property choices for more than four out of five tenants.
The survey by Cover4LetProperty reveals that:
– 86 per cent of respondents feel cost is the determining factor when choosing a rental property;
– the same percentage say location is key;
– ease of parking and whether the property has a garden were both classed as equally important by 44 per cent of renters;
– 32 per cent rate getting on with the landlord is less important than the décor;
– 20 per cent say pets being allowed is a key factor;
– two per cent say accessibility is a key influencer.
Cover4LetProperty does this survey twice a year and director Richard Burgess says: “There’s been a slight shift in priorities over the last six months, with the cost and location both again being the most important consideration for prospective renters.”
BROADBAND & TV - Compare Sky Virgin BT and Plusnet. Find the cheapest and fastest.
GAS & ELECTRIC - Compare every supplier in 5 minutes. Save up to £500 on your energy bills.
TAX GUIDES - Save £1000s on property, inheritance and business tax. Learn the secrets of the rich.